|Posted by goldengrains on November 22, 2017 at 11:25 PM|
Thankyou to James Lane who recenlty donated the Elector's Right for Frank Henry Tucker, 20th Nov 1880. Frank Tucker was born in 1858 in Warrnambool. The son of James Tucker & Ann Harding, he moved with his family to East Charlton in the 1870s. His father was a watchmaker and jeweller. Frank became a carpenter and later moved to Wycheproof where in 1883 he opened a timber merchant, builders and undertaking business. His ties to Charlton remained and he opened a branch in Charlton in 1899. After WW1, his son, Private Charles Henry Tucker, joined the business - F. H. Tucker & Son. In 1925 he moved to Geelong West and with Charles established an undertaking business. Frank died in 1932 and the business, Tuckers Funerals, still operates today but is no longer owned by the Tucker family.